Here at Weltonfield we have been building boats for over 30 years and have helped many customers to realise their dreams. In total we have built nearly 70 narrowboats and have fitted out a number of wide beam boats as well.
Our aim has never been mass production, with each one of our boats being individually tailored to the customer’s needs. We have built boats of all different lengths from 40’ to 70’ and from the traditional boat with a Gardner Engine in a central engine room to a number of ultra-modern boats.
Above all we aim to provide the customer with a boat that will give many years of service at a realistic price. Whether you know exactly what you want, or whether you need to be guided through the many possibilities and pitfalls, we will help you all the way.
If you would like to find out more, give us a call and come and visit our canal side building facility, where we can show you a number of boats that we have built.
Standard Narrow Boats
Sample layout of boat with bedroom at the front
Sample layout with bedroom at the back
- Steel Thickness 10:6:4
- Integral fuel tank
- Quick release weed hatch, stern deck access
- Bow or stern gas locker options
- Self-draining steel bow deck
- Port, Starboard and front bow deck lockers
- Bow, Stern and Centre cleats
- Window or ports as required
- Bow and stern fenders
- Pole & plank
- Two colour paintwork
- Polystyrene insulation (spray foam optional)
- Wood battening
- Top quality veneered plywood to roof and sides
- All furniture handmade by our craftsmen
- Open plan saloon area
- Galley units with excellent storage
- Separate bathroom
- Double bedroom with bed, storage under and wardrobe
- Light and airy effect
- Beta diesel engine
- Hydraulic gearbox
- Flexible transmission coupling
- Stainless steel shaft
- 12v alternator
- 1 start battery
- 3 domestic batteries
- 240v AC system with RCD, MCB’s, three double sockets, immersion heater, shore socket, and galvanic isolator
- Gas fired central heating boiler to radiators and Calorifier
- Full size LPG cooker
- Electric 12v Fridge or mains
- Cassette toilet
- 4ft size bath or shower
Prices from £1500.00 per foot fully fitted (part fit or sail away prices available as well).